Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sprouts and Signs

It's a busy time in my garden, for the plants anyway. While my little seeds are busy sprouting, I'm on constant patrol... trying my best to keep up with the ever changing "sprout count" and doing my best to keep the weeds out.

Up until this point, I have been in complete control of my little seed/seedlings. They lived in a climate controlled home with the proper amount of sunlight, water, wind and nutrients. Then I had to turn them over to the elements. All of the tomato and bell pepper seedlings appear happy and healthy and over the past two days many of the seeds I planted lasted week have sprouted. I'm trying not to "love them to death" (too much water, handling, etc.) but it can be difficult to let nature take over.

In the meantime, I decided to keep myself busy by making signs for my garden. I used some scrap wood we had lying around and painted the names of the veggies on them with a craft acrylic paint. (see above pic) I then attached the signs to small posts that we also happened to have on hand, sprayed  them with a clear outdoor sealant and put them in the garden. It might not be a necessary project, but for the time being it's keeping me from meddling too much with my plants well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment